Thursday, October 30, 2014

Ham, Mac, and Cheese Soup

 This is a new recipe that we have never tried before.  We tasted it and......it tastes like mac and cheese with ham in it!  (Sorry, I don't remember which blog I got it from.)

HAM, MAC & CHEESE SOUP

1 1/2 cups of uncooked small macaroni shells
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour (I rounded mine)
1 teaspoon dijon style mustard ( I used honey mustard)
1 (14oz) can chicken broth
1 1/2 cups half and half (I used regular milk)
1/2 lb sliced american cheese coarsely chopped
1 cup finely diced ham
salt and pepper if desired

Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside.

Melt butter and stir in flour and mustard.  Add broth and milk.  Cook til slightly thickened.
Stir in cheese til melted.  Stir in macaroni and ham.  Heat thoroughly and add salt and pepper to taste.  May also use sliced hot dogs instead of ham.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...