Monday, November 1, 2010

Freezer Meals Part One

This is the beginning of a four part series on Freezer Cooking.  The fourth post will include the recipes that we made.

Last week, my other sister and I did some freezer meals.  Some people do Once-A-Month cooking.  But once a month is too often for me.  While it works fine for some, I'd rather do a lot and have it last awhile.

We have been doing freezer meals for 4 or so years.  It is something that I want to keep up for as long as I cook.  It is a way to eat good meals without the every day, hour long cooking in my kitchen.  I don't know that it saves me any money, but it does save me time.

For instance, when my father-in-law was remodeling his house, I could help paint until 5:30-6:00.  All it took was a phone call to my boys at home, and my supper was ready at suppertime.  No work in the morning putting food in a crockpot, no last minute rush, no wasting money on take-out.  It was worth every last minute of that one day of cooking.

 You might think freezer meals would taste just like freezer or like leftovers.  But it doesn't.  When you buy a "TV dinner," does it taste like leftovers?  Not normally.  This is making delicious, down-home cooked meals and freezing it until you are ready to bake it.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...