Friday, January 14, 2011

Feeding the Birds-A Way To A Save

Do you like to feed the birds?

Do you like to watch birds outside the window? 

We are fortunate to have a big window looking out over fields of farmland.  Also, just outside this big window is a pine tree, that I thought I would like to bring the birds into. 

Bird seed can be expensive to buy, so I don't feed them regularly.

But I did have some seed stored away. So after the snow, I dug it out and used it to try to entice birds into  my pine tree just outside my living room window.

Using my old, smelless cinnamon pine cones, I made an attractive bird snacker.


First, I smeared  peanut butter all over the pine cone.  Using your fingers works well.


Then I rolled it into birdseed coating the whole pine cone.


Next, take a 18 inch piece of yarn and tie the two ends to two different pine cones.


Then hang it onto the branch of a pine tree or any other place that will attract birds. 

Putting it outside a kitchen window or living room window is good because you can see the birds up close.


We have seen nuthatches, cardinals, and finches.  We did have the help of a regular bird feeder also.  With the snow on the ground, it did not take long for the birds to find it.

Enjoy watching the birds!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...