Wednesday, April 13, 2011

April Freezer Meals Part 2

This is part 2 in my posts about Freezer Cooking for April.  If you are unfamiliar with Freezer Cooking, go here to our posts to learn how and for recipes.  My other sister and I  get up before the birds to get a good start on our day.  There are no interruptions with husbands or children until about dawn.  It has been working really well.  We also take turns working in each other's kitchens.  This month, I went to her house, so I had to make a quick trip home to comb my daughter's hair and take them to school.  We decided we wanted to get 2 meals done until that time.  This is what we did first.
Taco Meat

1 1/2 lb. hamburger, browned
1 pack taco seasoning per 2 lb. meat
1/4 cup-1/2 cup water
1 can pinto or kidney beans, rinsed and drained
Mix together.  Heat.

I took this recipe times 4 and got 6 bags to freeze.  I am feeding a family of 5.

Smothered Sausage

2 lb. rope sausage, cut in serving size
24 ox. spaghetti sauce
6 oz. tomato paste
1 can water
1 teaspoon parsley flakes
green peppers and onions

Cook sausage for 10 minutes.  I put some margarine in the bottom and then added a little water.  Once it was cooking good, put a lid on it.  Cooked up very nicely.  Once cooked, drain most of liquid and add rest of ingredients.  Put in crockpot and cook on High for 3-4 hours.
It truly is Smothered Sausage.  This recipe came from my brother's wife.  It is good to serve with spaghetti.  But you could serve with other noodles or rice, I'm sure. 

 I had just served this to company with lots left over.  So I only took the recipe times two for two dishes and put 2 bags of plain sausage for frying.

Continue to look for more posts.  Remember, we made 80 dishes!  So... that means more good recipes!!

Do you have any delicious freezer recipes to share?  We would love for you to share!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...