Friday, November 26, 2010

What to do With Leftover Gravy

 This past weekend, our church had a Thanksgiving meal to raise money for the youth to go on a missions trip. We fed about 688 people but planned for more. So we had lots and lots of food left over especially gravy. When they offered me some, I took about a gallon because I can't make good gravy.

 I thought about freezing it but then you have to cook it and cook it and it seemed like a long drawled out thing. So I called Mom to find out if I could can it. After all, you can buy it like that at the store. My aunt told me to pressure can it for an hour. So now I have 8 small jars of  gravy on my shelf to pull out.

So this Thanksgiving, when you are wondering what to do with all the leftover gravy, can it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...