Saturday, August 28, 2010

Taking a Vacation!

How do you take a vacation and be frugal?  Is there a way?  My family does not take a vacation, like going to another state and sightsee.  But we do take vacations.  We usually book a cabin in the mountains with three or four families about 1 or 1 1/2 hours away.  We just kick back and relax.  It is wonderful.  This year we have not done that.  So we decided to go to Chincoteague Island in September.  How are we going without spending alot of money?  We sold some junk earlier in the year that we kept some of the money for it and by not using much of my money out of my entertain pocket.  We also will make most of our own food and take it along.  Eating out costs alot.   Allready, I have bought soda at Food Lion on sale, which is a big savings.  If there is anything else luxurious that we want to eat,  I would like to find it on sale. (I really want to do a shrimp boil!) If there is not a sale, I will check it out at Wal-Mart.  On the other hand, my younger sister does things different.  She opened an ING savings account and had a certain amount put in each week.  After 2 years, she had enough to go to the beach for a whole week!  So everybody's way of a frugal vacation is different.  How do you take a vacation and be frugal?  Tell us about it!
                                                                                                                         -the older sister

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...