Thursday, June 2, 2011

Another Strawberry Shortcake Recipe


If you do not like the cake type shortcake nor the biscuity type of shortcake, I have a recipe for you!  This one is a cross between the two.  I had made it several years ago and marked it with two smiley faces.  I do not know why I have not made it for so long.  I made it again yesterday, and it is really good!  Try it!

STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE II

2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons melted butter
Beat eggs, add sugar, milk, and vanilla.  Stir in dry ingredients and add melted butter.  Bake at 375 degrees (I did it at 350) for 25 to 30 minutes.  Serve with strawberries and milk.  Put in 8x12 pan.  If using 9x13 pan, make it 1 1/2 times.

How do you serve your shortcake-with milk or whipped cream? 

Do you eat it as a dessert or main dish?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...