Friday, July 8, 2011

You Got THAT At A Yard Sale?

It is really amazing!  You can get most anything at a yard sale.  Sometimes it's a matter of patience or sometimes it's a matter of being at the right place at the right time.  What is the most amazing or unusual item you have found at a yard sale?


This is my most unusual item.

This is Bobby, my cockatiel.

Now, I do have to confess that I personally did not buy him at a yard sale.  My sister-in-law did and after about a month, I inherited him.  He came with a cage and everything for $20.


He whistles, and says "Come here, Bobby!"  One time I thought he said, "Pretty Bobby!"


We have open beams above our kitchen, and when I let him out, he likes to fly up there.  Usually it is pretty hard to get him down from there.  The worst thing about it is our kitchen table is right below!  Just use your imagination about that!!


I said that I would NEVER, EVER have an animal in my house.  But Bobby is a little different.  He doesn't need to go outside every so often.  And he is unique.  Maybe I am eating some words, but the way I see it, he is a little different than most normal house pets.


Here are some more pictures of my friend, Bobby.


He likes to sit on people's heads.
 
                                       
It is a little weird to have a bird sit on your head.  I am not sure how you teach a bird to do that.  Some people raise them from babies, but I heard it is a lot of work.

Here is a video of Bobby whistling.  Hopefully you can watch it.
Sorry it is sideways.  I also tried to get him to talk but he just wanted to go away from my camera.

So what is your most unusual item that you bought at a yard sale?

Or what is the biggest bargain you have ever gotten at a yard sale?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...