Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ice Cream Cake Cups

This recipe was made for my niece's wedding reception.  It is very refreshing and delicious. Plus it is a good idea for a tea party with them made in glass sherbets.  Maybe I just gave myself a good idea for the next company dinner I have!

Ice Cream Cake Cups

Day 1- Using a chocolate cake mix (does not freeze as hard as chocolate cake from stratch or brownies), make cupcakes, measuring 1/4 cup batter for each.  (I made mini cupcakes so they would fit in my cups.)  1 mix makes 24 regular sized cupcakes or 72 mini cupcakes.  Drizzle with caramel and fudge topping over cake layer and freeze.
Day 2- Pack softened vanilla Ice Cream over cake layer.  Spread a thin later of Cool Whip over Ice Cream.  Drizzle fudge sauce over Cool Whip.  Return to freezer.
Before serving- sprinkle chopped Butterfinger Bars over top.



The styrofoam cup was maybe the cheaper route but I did have a little trouble with my spoon going through the bottom!  Next time I will use plastic which would look nicer too!  I also would put a little more ice cream in the cup to make it fuller.

Do you have a good ice cream recipe to share?

Or another frozen tea party dessert recipe?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...