Saturday, October 23, 2010

Yard Sale Finds

Today I ventured out again to some yard sales.  I thought yard sales were dwindling but they are still going.  I mainly went for a small man's work coat.  While I didn't find one, I did find some other goodies!

I went to Scotland Ave., Beechwood Lane, the one behind Zero Cold Storage, Crottlestown Rd., Smoketown Rd., Salem Rd., to name several of them.
On Scotland Ave., I bought some Home and Garden pieces-canister set for $10, 2 lotion/soap dispensers for $2 each, some containers for $.50 and $.25, and a glass bread pan for $1. At another yard sale, I found a very cute tea pot.
This week was not the week to buy clothes.  At least not what I needed.  But I did find a few baby outfits, a shirt for my 14 year old, and some material for sewing circle. 
                                    The most unique item of the day was a rocking chair for $5.

This chair has the rocker underneath the seat instead of rocking on the floor.  I have never seen anything like it.  If anyone has any information on this type of chair, I would like to know about it. 

I'm not sure if I want it in my kitchen or my loft.  I like a rocking chair in my kitchen but it can be a catch-all for jackets.  So we'll see.  I also want to get new cushions.  Not sure if I'm up to recovering the old cushions.  Any volunteers? (just joking!)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Jealous of the $10 canister set! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...