Saturday, November 6, 2010

Thoughts on Couponing

Couponing is a good way to save on groceries.  Now I have not always thought so.  I was a Wal-Mart person.  My thinking was - Wal-Mart's cheaper.  I thought that name brand foods was still more expensive.  My mom gave me coupons by times, and I forgot I had them.  I just didn't believe it saved me any money. 

I have been enlightened.  These last months of couponing have convinced me.  It is worth using coupons.  I wish I could figure up how much I have saved since I started.  But that is impossible. 

I usually feel pretty good at saving 50% on my grocery bill.  Sometimes I can and sometimes I can't.  

1. Most coupons are not over $1.
2. Giant will only double the first coupon on like items. 
3. Some coupons have a limit of 4 same coupons.
4. I cannot stack coupons often.

 How do you get free stuff?  Do different areas get better coupons?  Are some stores just better with sales and coupons?

Our Shippensburg-Chambersburg area has Giant, Wal-Mart, Weis, CVS, Walgreens, and Target(no produce and that type), and Food Lion.  Are there other stores that normally do better with coupons? 

I would love to hear some comments on how you do couponing.  Do you buy $100 worth for $10?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...