Thursday, February 17, 2011

Freezer Meal List

This week my other sister and I did Freezer Cooking.  Here is a list of what we made.

7 meals Lasagna
4 meals Chicken and Dumplings
6 meals Refrigerator Mashed Potatoes
4 meals Twice Baked Potatoes
4 meals Broccoli Cheese Soup
4 meals Savory Roast
6 meals Hamloaf with topping

Keep watch for the recipes of these meals in later posts.

Freezer Cooking is a way to save time in the kitchen.  It is much more relaxing then the rushing around and wondering what to make.  It involves a little organization before you are ready to cook.  It also involves a day or two in the kitchen cooking multiple times a recipe.  Go here to read more about Freezer Cooking.  Once you do it, you will like it and see how nice it is to relax in the kitchen for the hour or two before mealtime.  My sister and I have been doing it for several years. 

In between freezer cooking, I also make other things for the freezer too. 

 Last week, I rolled hotdogs with bacon and stuck them with a toothpick. After freezing  them on a cookie sheet, I put them in a plastic container.  Serve them with popcorn, and ice cream and I have a good Sunday night supper.

                               I also made Hotdog Wraps.

This recipe was found on a blog (sorry, I can't remember which one!) and are very easy to make.  You can also use a pizza crust (if it's too sticky, add a little extra flour) recipe or crescent rolls.

Recipe-
4 1/2 teaspoons yeast
2 cups very warm water
Let dissolve and then add-
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
Beat until smooth and then add-
1/4 cup melted shortening or margarine
1 beaten egg
Then add - 1 cup at a time-
6 1/2 - 7 cups flour
Let rise until double.

Divide dough into 3.  Roll into a large circle.  Cut into 16 pieces.  Put 1/4 slice of American cheese and 1/2 of a hotdog on each piece.  Then roll starting at the wide end. Bake at 350 degrees until lightly browned.

Freeze on cookie sheet.  After frozen, put in gallon bag. 

Perfect for lunches or after school snack.

Do you cook for the freezer?  Let me know what you make for the freezer.  I like to try new (not strange) things for the freezer.

Go here to "Like" on Facebook!

1 comment:

venugopal said...

What an exciting experience!/Hilarious! Delightful! True!/wonderful stuff! thank you!
Freezers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...