Wednesday, February 15, 2012

February 2012 Freezer Meal



Last week, my sister and I finally got together and made some freezer meals.  It was very long overdue.  We have been doing this for several years and it is work, but so worth it!  You can go here to read more on how to cook freezer meals.


  We made 66 dishes for our two families to enjoy.  After my sister left, I quickly put together 4 meals of Macaroni and Cheese.


  We did not get our early start like we normally do, so we did not get everything done. And we did not have time to make as much.  But all in all, it was a very productive day.  


  Over the next couple days, I made 64 meatballs and pattied 54 chicken croquettes.  I did not get to my Sweet Potato Casserole yet.  But want to do that yet too.  I do not like stretching it out so long, but that is the way it had to be this time.




8 lbs of Chicken Nuggets

This is a new recipe for us to try.  It is not hard but a little time consuming.  I had at first cut my chicken breasts in too big of pieces so I had to go back and recut and reroll in crumbs again.  The bigger pieces do not get done in the middle, so make sure to cut them in bite size pieces.  Your kitchen shears works wonderful to cut them up.  Here is the recipe-

Chicken Nuggets
1 large egg
1/3 cup milk
1 pound chicken breast cut in bite size pieces
pinch of cayenne pepper
1 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
Mix egg and milk.  Soak chicken in egg mixture.  Combine crumbs, pepper, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper.  Roll chicken in crumb mixture.  Deep fry.  

We took this recipe 8 times to get 4 meals of 2 pounds.  I froze these on a cookie sheet and put them in a gallon bag so I can take out what I need.  Also they will not be frozen in a lump.

This recipe is compliments of Budget Savvy Diva!



4 dishes of  Hashbrown Casserole

This recipe also comes from Budget Savy Diva.  It is supposed to be a copy cat recipe from Cracker Barrel.  I do not go there often, so I cannot vouch for that.  But it is a variation from the Potatoes Au Gratin that we usually make.

Hashbrown Casserole
1 stick of butter
2 lbs hashbrowns (I used shredded, my sister used cubed)
1 small onion, chopped
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon oil
2 cups cheddar cheese 
1 can cream of chicken soup
Melt butter in hot skillet and fry potatoes and onions together with the oil(I did not use this oil), until potatoes are brown and tender.  In another bowl, mix cheese and soup together. Mix the browned potatoes with the cheese mixture adding salt and pepper to taste.  Place in 9x13 pan in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.

We did this recipe 4 times.  

If the potatoes seem a little thick when baking, add a little milk. 







Have you done Freezer Cooking?  What recipes have you made?   Share how you do Freezer Cooking!  We would love to hear!!



2 comments:

Elaine Forrester said...

what is your recipe for chicken croquettes?

Frugal Pals said...

OOps! Sorry I must have missed it. I will post it next week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...